Monday, October 7, 2013

September 2013 Favorites



Here’s my list of things I loved during the month of September

YouTube:
The first in this category is the Holy Trinity aka Grace Helbig (dailygace), Mamrie Hart (You Deserve a Drink), and Hannah Hart (myharto). I watched my first dailygrace video this month and instantly was hooked and marathoned a ton of her videos. Through them I found Mamrie Hart who has an awesome channel called You Deserve a Drink where she makes drinks for a celebrity and works in all these puns and they are hilarious. I had seen one episode of Hannah Hart’s show called My Drunk Kitchen when John Green was on. But found more through watching Grace and Mamrie. They are all beautiful, strong, hilarious women who are 90 % comedy but every once in a while they will say something that just hits me and makes me feel better about myself and they are just saying it off hand but it really helps me and makes me think about things in a different way. Hannah Hart especially is amazing in her YouTube career. She uses her fame online to bring good to those less fortunate and has a tour going on or had a tour where they met a food shelters and helped pack food. I just have a lady crush on her, really on all three of them, because she’s so happy and positive and confident in herself and I find that sexy and attractive on anyone. Any ways, they are AMAZING go check them all out!

Another kind of YouTube related favorite is John Green’s selfies on the tfios set that he posts on Instagram. I am SO excited for this film because I fell in love with the book, as I do with all of John’s novels. For those who don’t know John Green is a YA author and YouTuber with his brother Hank and he most recent novel The Fault in Our Stars is currently being made into a movie that will come out next year. I just love seeing him on set and his excitement and joy of watching his work come to life. It makes me even more excited to see the movie.

TV Shows:
I have a lot of TV favorites this month because I watch way too much of it and Netflix is my best friend.

Trivia Shows – I gained a strange obsession with trivia shows this month through watching the (awful) Million Second Quiz. It was terribly put together but I just enjoyed answering the questions. I also found the show The Chase that was originally a British Game show and is now in the states. Basically contestants battle against this guy “the beast” to win money. It’s really intriguing and I have watched both versions and actually enjoy the British one because it has a quicker pace but I don’t always understand the references but regardless it’s a great show. Check it out!

Next is Orange is the New Black. I had heard A LOT about this show from my friends and just on tumblr. The cover of the show on Netflix looked super cheesy to me so I never felt intrigued to watch it but one Sunday morning I decided to watch it and oh my gosh it’s a brilliant show! SO well written and just amazing dialogue and characters. I finished the entire series in two days. Cannot wait for next season!
Another show I marathon watched this month was Scandal. Once again a very cheesy cover on Netflix but I had a free weekend from homework and exams so I decided to watch it and it blew my expectations. Just like OITNB, brilliant writing and cast. It is written by Shonda Rhimes who does Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice, two of my faves! But I actually like it more because it doesn’t focus on the sex SO much and it had more depth to it and I find it has so many layers without being muddled and confusing like PLL can get. The first two seasons are no Netflix and the third season just started last week.

Song(s):
The one song I have loved this month is Roar by Katy Perry. This is the one song of hers that I have really gotten into. For those who also watch Grace, Hannah, and Mamrie you know how I become obsessed with this song.

Lastly is my other/miscellaneous category.
This month my pick is Disney Pins. I started collecting/trading when my family took a trip to Walt Disney World when I was in 4th or 5th grade. My best friend and I bought a trader pack and just traded and bought away. I didn’t buy anything since until this April when I bought my boyfriend a pin starter pack. I have become obsessed with looking at collections online and walking around the park for new pins and trading them. I might put up my collection sometime. I don’t have anything significant but they are all special and important to me and hope to grow my collection in the future.

Thanks for stopping by and leave me your favorites in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment